Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

4/19/2006

| Work update #2 |


Ok since my last post didn't 'count' as a blog, I will try harder this time. I am sorry some people were disappointed. haha.

Two weeks from tomorrow is my last day at work. I'm pretty excited. I have a lot going on until then. I've got a couple minor presentations to my team at tomorrow's meeting. After that, the only major thing I really have left is a DLN (dry low NOx) presentation on April 26th. It is making me kind of nervous. Fortunately, it won't be the most people I've had to speak to at one time. The State Beta convention took care of that one ;-) . However, everyone on my floor is invited and they also broadcast it throughout the GE internal server. Who will show up? I'm expecting the 5 co-ops that sit next to me, my TL (team leader), my buddy, and a few others that my buddy convinces to come for support. The rest will be people I don't know that are just there for the information. For those who are interested... I am presenting on the first of about three projects that I worked on this semester. I am just going over the results of my analysis and how it contributes to the big picture. My biggest challenge in this presentation is the terminology. I had no background of gas turbines, combustion, or the like before I got to my job. I have learned a tremendous amount of information, but it will be difficult to be able to comfortably present this information in front of a group of Ph.d's. The point of these presentations is for one's peers to ask hard questions before any further work is done. So, I'm pretty nervous, but very anxious to just get this thing over with. Anywho, so that's basically what's on my mind until next weds. After that ... well, work will be wrapping stuff up before I leave the next week.

Happy, dave? ;-)

<< Home