Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

3/19/2006

| Trip to Tech... finally |

I was finally able to make it up to Virginia Tech this weekend to visit with my friends. It was a blast.

Friday night:

I had to stay late at work on Friday, so I didn't leave Greenville until 5:30. It took about 4 hours and 15 min. or so to get to Blacksburg. I got there to find everyone already in the apartment hanging out. I came in to a wonderful greeting and lots of laughs. After catching up a bit, Dave and I decide it is time for a cookie ingredients run like old times. We get brian and jason to come with us (brian driving) and head to food lion to pick up what we need to make them. We get there and pick up the stuff with some milk (goofing off in the store as usual) and pay. While we are waiting for Dave to find some green food coloring (he wandered off to find some/ask people for it), Jason starts playing with the grocery carts in the parking lot (running and then jumping on the back of it kinda thing). After Dave returns, he joins jason in the extravaganza. It ended with brian, dave, and I sitting in brian's car being mooned by jason. He was running around the car for some reason (oh yea, dave wouldnt let him in) and of course he moons us.

So we drive about 400 ft from food lion when Dave and I almost simultaneously realize that we forgot something. We forgot to get cookie crisp cereal. Yes, we turned around and went back to the store. We decided to have a cookie crisp cereal eating marathon. We'd each get our own box - first to finish the box wins. We bought more milk. Once we got back home, we scratched the cookie- making idea and went forward with the cookie crisp. 3 boxes of cookie crisp, 1 gallon of milk, and 12 minutes later, a winner emerged. Dave came in a close second (only 20 seconds after the winner) and Brian was in dead last.


The first-annual cookie crisp eating extravaganza was a success. Jason and Ali commentated the action. That was fun. We came away with a few battle scars - the roofs of our mouths are still raw from being scraped apart. I think it's safe to say that the three of us won't be touching that cereal for a while.

After the first-annual cookie crisp eating extravaganza was over, ali suggest playing some cranium. It was such a good idea that we drove her to AJ (her dorm) to go get the game. While we were there, we stopped in on Stu and Kiril so that I could see them a bit on my visit. We got back to the apartment and a few people had dispersed - andy went back home, derek, jason easter, and abby went next door to play some mafia. The rest of us (Ali, Dave, Brian, Jason, Wes, Paykon, Paykon's girlfriend [insert name here]) all played cranium. It was a great time. I think I wasn't laughing 8% of the time.

On top of that, I even learned a few things from the game:
  • I don't know how to spell helicopter
  • kiwis aren't orange
  • the empire state building isn't in france
After the game (sometime after 3am I think), everyone dispersed and Wes, Derek, Jason, and I were left at the apartment. We all chilled a bit before getting some sleep. I offended Jason by not sleeping on his soiled linens and picking Wes's clean linens instead. I went to bed somwhere around 4:30am.

Saturday:

I woke up at 9:00am to get my things together to go and play some racquetball with Dave. Yes, it was extremely hard to get up, but I couldn't let the day go to waste by sleeping. I picked Dave up and we went to the new sports store in the University Mall to see if they had any squash racquets, balls, and some goggles (mine are somewhat broken). They had none of the above, so we headed to play. We played 5 games or so and decided to grab some lunch at owens. At owens, we ran into Ali and Lindsey, so we got to eat lunch with them (roof of my mouth hurting almost too much to eat). Dave and I headed back to the apartment to shower. Afterwards, we called brian and john to come over to plan our schedules for next semester. That quickly turned into an Age of Empires III game slaughter. Around 4:35, we all decided to catch the 4:40 movie of V for Vendetta playing in Christiansburg. Once again I complained of now being able to get there in time, and once again I was proven wrong by walking in the theatre at the last preview. The movie was good.

We went to dinner at Mike's Grill afterwards (this was just Wes, Dave, Jason, Derek, Brian, and I at the movie and dinner). We had a nice dinner and then returned to the apartment. I talked to Amanda for a bit and then Jason Easter, Abby, Wes, Derek, and I played Scene-It: Music Edition. After that, more Age III. We played until it was about 12:30. After that, Jason and I went for our night jog that we used to do freshman year. We left at 12:30 and got back at 2 am? I can hardly jog more than 20 min. I have no idea how we jogged for an hour and a half. After that, we came back in and ate chocolate cake with derek until it was bed time. I think it was sometime after 3am.

Sunday:

I woke up at 8:45am on my own without jason's alarm (which was set for 9am). That disturbs me. Anyways, I ate some breakfast, gathered my things and headed back to SC. Of course I managed to leave my work shoes at Tech.

Sorry for the long post - mainly for my own memory-sake.

What an awesome weekend.

<< Home