Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

3/09/2006

| Work update |
currently playing: nothing...


Work is going very well. My buddy decided to put me in charge of a "very, very difficult" project. I have to make a Flownet model for a brand-new design that will be used for testing in a couple months. In the past, all of the work I have been doing has been with Flownet models that have already been developed and validated and such. For this, I have to do some crazy research on the drawings for this "test rig" and then design how the flow will work through my program. I can't disclose the names of anything unfortunately, but so far it's pretty exciting that I've been given this responsibility - it's something they will use for a long time after I leave. I like to know that I am making a lasting contribution. The reason why this is so "difficult" (according to my buddy) is because flownet is a 1-dimensional flow analysis program. Usually the flow doesn't come from two different sources - it usually just follows one big path through the combustor. In this "test rig" it actually comes from two different places and we are going to need to allow for this in the program. I'm not really sure how that's going to be done yet, but that's one of the major challenges. One of the other major challenges is that there is a big time constraint on this.

Along with that project, I have two more that I am working on. I am finishing writing the technical paper (documentation) for my last project. It's about 16 pages so far. It's kinda scary that the company will have this paper of mine for years. People will be going to it and using it as a source for other proects. I'm also working on this other project that I can't talk about. haha. Kinda sucks, but if you ask me while I'm talking to you, I can give more details (I'm sure you don't particularly care anyways).

<< Home