Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

4/26/2006

| The presentation |


The DLN (dry low NOx) video presentation went well. My "buddy" gave a nice introduction of me to the people there that didn't know me. He mentioned I am only a sophomore in college that hasn't even had thermodynamics, heat transfer, etc. and that he felt I have done an astonishing job under those circumstances. That really lifted me up before I presented and I think it was Chris's way of hinting at everyone to take it easy on me. I think I did well overall. No one really asked me the questions I had prepared to answer (I had all of these really awesome ways to make it look like I really knew the subject material). However, I had the "chief engineering smiling at the end," according to my buddy. Everyone was really kind and my TL (technical leader) came. That was really nice of him considering how busy he is. He also stayed at the end to give me his one-on-one comments on my presentation. I really thought that was valuable and very professional of him. He really is a good leader. Among his comments were to sit more upright and to have a conclusions slide (which I somehow just forgot to add?). I think I accomplished what people could expect of me, so I'm pretty happy with it. I was scared that the chief engineer wouldn't be so considerate, but it turns out that he was very nice and supportive. I've seen him get pretty nasty with other people in their presentations. I am just sooo glad for it to be over. Let the summer begin.

<< Home