Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

6/18/2006

| Changes |


A lot has happened in the past two months.

After my co-op, I stayed at home for a short amount of time. During that time I did a lot of traveling within the state. I went to UVA to help amanda move out and that took most of a friday to do, but it was nice to be able to help out. I took a couple of trips down to danville- one to help my uncle prepare for my cousin's wedding, the other to attend the beautiful wedding. The wedding was gorgeous. It was in the beautiful gardens of my uncle's house. Shannon and Boomer were cute. The next day was my older brother's graduation. He received his master's in physics from WM (congratulations, kevin). He'll still be in school a while though to finish up that Ph.d. The next week, I moved back in to my apartment in Blacksburg. It was really nice to be able to settle back in one place again. It was really difficult living out of boxes at home in Richmond. I started summer classes. I am taking deforms and materials this summer (was taking a medieval history class, but I ended up dropping it). I also bought a cello shortly after I finished my co-op. It is a Romanian cello (pictures to come later) and I am really happy with the investment. I ended up spending exactly within my budget and the cello sounds amazing (well, when my teachers play it for me). I'm working on making it sound amazing when I play it. In order to do that, I've started taking lessons here in Blacksburg with Professor Weinstein. I am also hoping to find a church that will let me play in the choir. I would really like that. That's something that has really been missing while I'm at school.

So here I am... sort of. I just got back from one of three weekends in a row that I will be traveling back to richmond. I really like going home, but I need to stop putting that kind of mileage on my car. The poor thing is really getting old quickly with me going home so often. Last weekend, I went home for the Nickel Creek concert. It was a good show. I really enjoy their music. Hats off to dave for introducing me to Nickel Creek. This weekend, I went home to have lunch with my family in celebration of father's day and my mom's birthday (happening to be on the same day) and to celebrate devon's graduation. After all of that celebrating, I went out swing dancing for the first time in a while. I couldn't find anyone to go with me because I have few friends that still live in richmond. It's a very sad thing. So I went alone, which is kind of unusual for me. I just felt like dancing I guess. Well, it was a great time. I ended up meeting some girls my age that went to Patrick Henry. They were very nice and I think we had a good time dancing. The reason I am going home next weekend is because I am teaching a swing class at church Monday night. Yes, I have class monday morning, but I think I will just skip my classes and spend the whole weekend at home as opposed to going to class, driving home monday afternoon and then driving back monday night after the dance. That would suck... a lot. Plus, I might get to go contra dancing that saturday night if I do decide to go home. We'll see.

So that's a brief synopsis of what's up, since I haven't posted in a while. Some other stuff I just remembered - Andrew and I have started jammin' again, so that's been fun ; I am totally scared and excited that next year is my junior year in college (more to come on that later); I finally finished the first book of the lord of the rings, hopefully to finish the entire thing by the end of the summer?; this is the first summer in 15 summers that I haven't been swimming for Lakeside Swim Team...

wow.

<< Home