Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

2/23/2006

| Think |
currently playing: Barenaked Ladies - Call and Answer


You know... sometimes I really wonder why I am so lucky. I've got the best friends anyone could imagine. It just amazes me. I just don't understand how I manage meeting the absolutely amazing people that I do. There are so many wonderful people in my life and I am so thankful to be this lucky.

When I was in middle school, I never imagined being where I am today. I don't mean in terms of school and work stuff - I mean socially. I was always (and still am) very determined to being successful academically. I was a loser, school-driven outcast in middle school. I really only had about 2 friends in my actual class (keep in mind that I went to a private Catholic school for 10 years... and had the same classmates that entire time). Most of the girls in my class were extremely inconsiderate of people's feelings. I was ridiculed a lot. I just kept my head down and focused on school. I think that's what really made me so driven academically... I had no other reason to be at school. I hated everything in between classes - all of the walking in lines, lunches, and socializing- because I was so self-conscious and worried of being hurt. My other out besides my school was church. I started singing in the choir there and I was accepted into a wonderful community. I think this is what kept my sanity- I knew people cared about me there and I always looked forward to going. (of course I was accepted and all at home - my home was also another very stable and wonderful place for me in my childhood).

I'm not really sure where I was going with all of this... hmm.. well, what I am saying I guess is that I am amazed that I have the friends that I do now. It's awesome. You are awesome.

random good memories:

  • flying panda
  • volleyball
  • racquetball
  • cookies
  • swing
  • contra
  • lady bugs
  • 4-man puzzling while listening to x-mas music
  • collapsing (?) bunk bed
  • rome
  • trading amanda
  • sea turtle
  • taco bell
  • x-mas cookies
  • chang
  • the great beard project
  • d2 breakfurst
  • the "paul has no friends and rub it in his face" game
  • $10 3-piece suits
  • b3
  • late night jogs
  • "biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig"
  • bay window
  • me: "who wants to go to Dx for some late night snack?"
  • everyone else: ...........

<< Home