Parallel Universe

A collection of my daily thoughts... most of the time.

2/27/2006

| Summer and Rotations |
currently playing: nothing


So my summer plans are as follows: Take at least aircraft performance, deforms, and AOE materials. I am also considering taking complex/vector analysis. I heard greenberg teaches that over the summer and he is just crazy (in a really funny way). I would also like to take a music class or some other kind of liberal arts thing - maybe another history or something. We'll see. I wish virginia tech would hurry up and get the summer courses up on the web so I at least know which sessions of the summer my classes are offered (there are two sessions).

As far as the co-op rotation is concerned... all I have to do is e-mail them when I want to do another rotation. I don't have to go through any kind of hiring process or anything again- just gotta tell them I want to come back (assuming no problems with me working this time around). Originally, I had planned on doing only one rotation (this one) and taking some classes (see above) over the summer to be back on track to graduate in 4 years still. If I do another rotation, it means I have to take 5 years and do a total of 3 rotations. Each rotation I come back, my benefits get better and better. My pay goes waaay up by the time I reach my third rotation and I qualify for all of their extremely good benefits. However, I really do miss being at school. I also think graduating on time with my class and my friends is an important thing to me. Also, if I do three rotations, I qualify for their "Edision Program," which automatically starts me off as an employee with them after graduation and pays for such beautiful things as my masters. When I say pays for it, I mean "pays for the education and pays the individual as an employee while getting his/her masters." That deal is hard to beat.

Either way, I have some time to think about all of this. The earliest I could do another rotation would be spring of my junior year. If I did that, I would also co-op the following fall (and possibly co-op the summer in between). After that fall rotation, I would finish up my junior year the following spring (when I normally would be graduating). The following year (2009), I would do my entire senior year curriculum.

Lots to think about. I need to talk it over with a lot of people - friends, family advisors.

<< Home